D’Addario – ProArte Series – Classical Guitar Strings
Pro-Arte strings are the world’s best selling and D’Addario’s premium classical guitar strings. All Pro-Arte treble strings are sorted by a sophisticated computer-controlled laser machine which performs diameter/tension measurements and quality checks, insuring true sounding, precise trebles in every set. Pro-Arte basses are wound using silver-plated copper on a multi-filament nylon core.
I find these strings one of the best regarding intonation, with a full round and wholesome tone, from the Low Tension Strings, which are suitable for Flamenco type action, to the Hard Tension String, which has a nice response and snap back factor (as I like to call it). The higher tension strings can help with a bit of buzz in a guitar with low action.
They are available in a variety of tensions, from Low Tension to Extra Hard Tension.
I also carry D’Addario High Tension Composite Strings labeled EJ 45C & EJ46C which I really like for certain guitars.
FlouroCarbons are also available in various tensions – nice for guitars that are a bit on the quiet side
List of D’Addario – ProArte Series – Classical Guitar Strings available from Savage Classical Guitar
- EJ-43 – Low Tension suitable for Flamenco
- EJ-45 – Normal Tension – the standard for excellent intonation and gauging your guitar’s responsiveness
- EJ-46 – Hard Tension – for guitars that respond to higher tension strings with excellent snap back
- EJ-44 – Extra Hard Tension – for guitars that need even more tension
- EJ-45LP – Normal Tension strings which are Lightly Polished – excellent for recording
- EJ-45FF -Normal Tension strings with FluoroCarbon Trebles and Dynacore Basses – a modern and powerful sound – this is a new item from D’Addario that is getting excellent results with many modern guitars and players – see chart below for Tension comparisons of the FF series vs. the standard EJ-45 normal tension strings
Tension Chart for EJ-45FF Normal Tension
Tension Chart for EJ-45 Normal Tension