Our Hill Classical Guitar Estudio Series guitars look, sound and play like much higher priced instruments. These guitars have been designed and built with the same care and quality NEW WORLD GUITARS are known for.
The Estudio Series features hand-selected solid spruce or cedar soundboards producing richer bass, distinct trebles and the powerful projection players are seeking. While students will find the price attractive, any level player will find everything about these guitars to be first-class.
Hill Classical Guitar Estudio Series Specifications
- Solid Wood Soundboard available in Cedar or Spruce
- Scale Lengths are available in 650mm 640 mm and 628mm (615mm available only in Cedar)
- 640 mm and 628mm Scale Lengths are well suited to those with smaller hands
- There is also a Finger-style Cutaway model available for $995 with the same Hill Hard Shell Case
- Any of the available guitars are also available to left handed players ($50 additional cost)
- Bone nut & saddle
- Sound board: Available in Spruce or Cedar (solid woods)
- Back & sides: Indian Rosewood (laminate)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- String length: Available in 650mm – 640mm – 628mm – 615mm (615 is also smaller bodied)
- Finish: Lacquer gloss, thinly applied
- Retail Price is $995 w/a Hard Shell Case (HSC) – Look for my Discounted Price in your Shopping Cart when you ADD to Cart
- Some Further Information regarding your Hand Size and picking a scale length
- Players with shorter hands and/or fingers should seriously consider the 640mm or the 628mm or the 615mm scale.
- This applies to most players and guitars, in general. Don’t force the issue. Get a guitar that makes you comfortable. Player Series or Estudio or any concert instrument. It shouldn’t be a chore to play or perform on your classical guitar.
- My fitting sessions with numerous players over the years has proven that a slightly smaller scale is simply more comfortable for the majority of players, while sacrificing nothing in terms of tone and volume.
- The difference is the length of the neck, the width of the nut at 48-51mm and the proportional fretting of the instrument.
- The 650mm is suitable for those players whose spread between thumb and pinky is 9″ or greater
- The 640mm is suitable for those players whose spread between thumb and pinky is 8″-9″
- The 628mm is suitable for those players whose spread between pinky and thumb is 7″-8″
- The 615mm is suitable for those players whose spread between pinky and thumb is 6″-7″
Specifications for Hill Player & Estudio Series in 640mm Scale
Depth of Smaller Bout and Larger Bout: 3 5/8″ & 3 3/4″
Width of Smaller Bout and Larger Bout: 10 3/4″ & 14 1/2″
Width of Nut: 50mm
String Spacing – Nut & Bridge: 43mm & 58mm
Body Length is 19″
Total Guitar Length is 38 1/2″
The 650mm Scale measures a 1/8″ larger in the Widths and 1/8″ larger in the Depths as compared to this 640mm model
The width of the nut on the 650mm is more 50-51mm and the string spacings are 1-2mm wider than the 640mm
Please Note that we can back order this guitar for you, where Kenny will set the guitar up to our specs (within reason) and have the guitar drop-shipped to you directly. You can order the guitar directly via my website, where it will be situation normal as far as we’re concerned. One day delay to allow Kenny and his people to ship the guitar directly to you via FedEx Ground. We will forward a Tracking # as soon as we receive it from Hill Guitar Co. Bear in mind that there is a discount through us, no tax, and shipping is Free. Best, Rich
Hill Classical Guitar Estudio 640 Spruce – Fernando Sor #22 Opus 35 – hill_estudio640_spruce
Hill Classical Guitar Estudio 640 Cedar – Celtic – hill_estudio640C
Custom Hill Single Arch Top HSC is included in your purchase price.
Insured FedEx Ground, USPS Ground or USPS Priority/Express Shipping is included to the 50 US
Anywhere else is subject to the most recent quote from USPS
Please write to me for a detailed quote for International Shipping.
Packaging is professionally done within its hard-shell case.
It is always preferred that you come to the Studio to play it and pick it up.
These guitars carry a 1 Year Warranty.
Please read my Return Policy
Please inquire using email or phone (Contact Me)
Email me directly if you need more info: firstname.lastname@example.org