Kenny Hill Player Classical Guitar – 615mm Scale Length in Spruce w/EIRW
Please NOTE that this is a singular listing for 1 guitar as listed above. She has damage along the binding by the butt of the guitar. The guitar is sold “AS IS” as the damage is fully disclosed. She is stable and reparable. Approximate cost to fix is $300-350. The price is discounted well below to make it more than worth it. Otherwise a truly special 615mm Spruce Player by Kenny Hill.
The Kenny Hill Player classical guitar series are new models that have been in development for some time. At a more accessible price, these guitar feature selected Indian rosewood, cedar, spruce: all solid woods, and a thinly applied lacquer finish.
The Hill Player Classical Guitar Series offers the player a wide variety of choices: each model is available with a spruce or cedar soundboard, 650mm or shorter 640mm string lengths. Other Scale Lengths are also available, such as the 615mm offered here in either Spruce or Cedar, depending upon availability.
Incredibly, the Spruce tops have silk rays or medullar rays throughout, highly prized and they really do sound terrific. The Cedar tops have beautiful straight grain, with a lush ruddy look to them, sounding warm and wet. The Indian Rosewood backs and sides are also superior. You might expect to see these types of woods selected for guitars well over $3000 or more in price.
Once you’ve tried these classical guitars, I am confident you will agree that once again, Kenny Hill has delivered a remarkable line of finely-crafted instruments; they look great, are a joy to play and sound terrific.
- Solid Wood Soundboard available in Western Red Cedar or European Spruce (beautiful selections by Kenny) – please check for availability in the cart, or call or write to me.
- Scale Lengths: Available in 650mm – 640mm – 628mm – 615mm (The 628mm is smaller bodied than the 650 and the 640, and then the 615mm is also smaller bodied than the 628mm scale length guitar, as well)
- 640 mm – 628mm and 615mm Scale Lengths are well suited to those with smaller hands – see discussion below
- Any of the available guitars are also available to left handed players ($50 additional cost) – they are symetrically braced, so it’s not an issue
- Bone nut & saddle
- Sound board: Available in Spruce or Cedar (solid woods)
- Back & sides: East Indian Rosewood (solid woods) – again, Kenny chooses the finest woods for all of his guitars.
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Finish: Lacquer gloss, thinly applied
- Retail Price is $1695- Look for my Discounted Price in your Shopping Cart when you ADD to Cart
- 615mm Specifications (featured guitar for this page)
- Guitar & Body Length – 37 3/8″ & 18 1/2″ respectively
- Top & Lower Bout Widths – 10 3/8″ & 13 7/8″ respectively
- Top & Lower Bout Depths – 3 11/16″” & 3 7/8″ respectively
- Nut Width – 48mm nut width
- 1st Fret String Spacing of 41mm, 12th Fret String Width of 47mm, and Bridge String Width of 55mm
- Soundboard of Western Red Cedar (Solid Wood) – 615mm is available in both Cedar and Spruce Top
- Back and Sides of East Indian Rosewood, again all Solid
- Comes with a Custom Hill HSC fitting the guitar fairly well
- Includes Free Shipping to the 50US
- Players with shorter hands and/or fingers should seriously consider the 640mm 628mm or the 615mm scale.
- My fitting sessions with numerous players over the years has proven that this slightly smaller scale is simply more comfortable for the majority of players, while sacrificing nothing in terms of tone and volume. The difference is the length of the neck, the width of the nut at 48-51mm and the proportional fretting of the instrument.
- The 650mm is suitable for those players whose spread between thumb and pinky is 9″ or greater
- The 640mm is suitable for those players whose spread between thumb and pinky is 8″-9″
- The 628mm is suitable for those players whose spread between pinky and thumb is 7″-8″
- The 615mm is suitable for those players whose spread between pinky and thumb is 6″-7″
Please NOTE that this Spruce 615mm that is brand new, but suffered some damage in transport, along the lower bout by the binding. You can feel and see the slightest separation, and there is movement. It is more than reparable Instead of making it an insurance issue, I offer it to you at $700 below retail. It will cost between $300-350 to repair by a reputable luthier. It’s a really nice guitar, so go for it. On sale is always sweet! The guitar is NOT returnable, sale is “AS IS”…thank you! Rich 631-335-5447
MP3 Audio – 151110-k-hill-player-615-spruce – Player Spruce 615mm – I had a new one in the shop, so I threw on the recorder and played my 3 quick sketches on her. Wow, what a nice guitar!
Valerie’s Air – RF Sayage – Book is available here (also in TAB)
Custom Hill Single Arch Top HSC is included in your purchase price of this classical guitar
Insured FedEx Ground or USPS Ground Shipping is included to the 50 US
Anywhere else is subject to the most recent quote from USPS
Please write to me for a detailed quote for International Shipping.
Packaging is professionally done within its hard-shell case.
It is always preferred that you come to the Studio to play it and pick it up.
This classical guitar carries a 1 Year Warranty to the original owner against material or workmanship defects
Please read my Return Policy
Please inquire using email or phone (Contact Me)
Email me directly if you need more info: [email protected]