September 2023 Blog Updates Savage Classical Guitar
The image above is our 2020 Ashley Sanders #67 Cedar EIRW (Lattice) an absolutely phenomenal guitar by the Australian Master.
I hope that you are all well and thriving. I trust you enjoyed your summer. I most definitely did so.
The only thing that I truly know is the art of classical guitar, the building of them, the construction, the finishing, the woods and the music that they embody. It’s easy for me as it has been a good majority of my life. I love what I do, helping people, pointing them in the right direction, never selling, simply offering the best I can find. I am so wholly grateful for the continued opportunity to lead the way in this so special business, by virtue of consideration, knowledge and experience.
I’m also hearing rumors that I retired? No, I have not retired, with no plans for the far future of doing so.
I’m hearing rumors that I moved. I have not moved, staying in Bohemia, NY at the listed address for the forseeable future. Allow me to clarify. My personal life had blown up, where I wanted a new and fresh beginning. I was going to move to Orlando, back on March 4, 2022. I had fully packed, making all truck and logistical arrangements to move into a luxury high rise top floor penthouse office suite that I purchased in Downtown Orlando, FL. It was both exciting and a touch scary, to be quite frank with all of you. I was moving far from my family, with almost no support group (family) of any kind.
2 days before the move, with everything arranged, my youngest daughter came to visit, making it clear that she was not happy that I was moving. My older daughter confirmed her own feelings on the matter. They did not wish to interfere until it became exceedingly clear that I was, indeed, moving. Apparently, I was not taken seriously? LOL, well, I made a few phone calls, found a few options for my move, my newly purchased space, called my assistant Ryan to inform him that I was not moving, say yay, resulting in me not moving. I’m here for my children, where the business of classical guitars has not been interrupted nor have I moved. I am at the same address that I have been at for 8 years. That is the short of it, as the long of it is quite boring. OK, moving on.
Hope you are all well and safe in these strange new times. The site is updated and quite tight. Recordings are up to date, photography, measurements, etc. I try to leave no detail out, all while photographing other aspects of the guitar that many disregard. Weird? Same with the data for the guitar. Action, weight, CITES eligibility, etc. Please NOTE that the organization of CITES has determined that musical instruments under 10kg of mass are not included within the restrictions going forward. This has taken effect as of November 26, 2019. Brazilian Rosewood (CSA RW) is still highly restricted, but all other Rosewoods are off of “our” table. Very good news, quite rational, and well, it’s about time. We’ve all done good work toward this end, myself included, along with various musical agencies (such as League of American Orchestras and ANAFIMA) that represent traveling musicians, as well as Taylor Guitars, Fender, Gibson, CF Martin & Co., Collings Guitars, NAMM have all contributed to this updated world wide legislation that went into effect.
Over the past few years, my reputation in my business has grown to a comfortable level. That is by no means an excuse to take it easy. This means I work harder. I’m getting some questions about me and my style of doing things. I like that. I know I’m separating from every other dealer out there by being very black and white about my business philosophy, the information and details about guitars, my zero tolerance for BS in the business, (and we all know there is a ton of that out there), basically, there are few experts out there that can talk, fix, setup and repair guitar, I mean really talk these little babies that we love so much, the classical guitar. Another thought….I photograph the guitars. I record them. I measure them. I inspect them inside and out. As a luthier, I understand these guitars intimately (I speak about this a bit more below). On the recordings…I’m not attempting to display virtuoso technique for you. This is about you being able to hear the guitar, all while I am able to understand it better, being able to explain my own thoughts. I read, somewhere recently, on another somewhat prominent dealer’s thought process regarding recording, where it was stated that a recording is useless to you, so
why bother? Huh? How about clarity in the recording, naturally done, zero engineering, black and white information, just as I do in everything here? Photos, information, measurements, play wear, repairs, full description, etc. I simply do not understand laziness, in our personal lives or business, where I believe that is it, simple laziness. I write somewhere on my site, that I do this full-time. Where does anyone get off lightly, being lazy in this most personal business of classical and other high end guitars? The answer is, not where I’m concerned. By the way, my recordings represent the guitar naturally, mistakes and all, where many say to me that the guitar they received sounds better than the recording. I’m good with that (it also means they are better players than me, and I’m good with that too LOL). I also do not put much stock in having a great player with edited videos, machined and engineered sound. You are not getting the true and full picture of the guitar. So, what’s the point? I am not attempting to sell you the guitar. I am offering the best examples I can find to allow you to make an educated decision about a guitar that you will live with for a long time. This is quite different than selling, or tricking you, or deceiving you about a guitar. Transparency is key, where I believe I do the best job of it by a wide margin.
Are you getting your questions answered in a polite yet expert fashion? No, then move on. Are you questions getting answered at all? No, then let’s move on. Are your emails being responded to in a timely and professional manner (or your phone calls)? No, then hells yeah, let’s move on. Call or write to me. You’ll immediately feel the difference. You’ll know what it’s like to “finally” talk to a guy that has your interest and the interest of the guitar at heart. It’s much like my sales approach, of which I have none. I listen, I have zero prejudice in terms of consigned or owned guitars, I put guitars in your hands, you make your choices, you make the final decision, I almost and literally have much of nothing to do with your decision making process. I’ll play it for you. I’ll talk to you about what you want or how much you wish to spend, but in the end, you have made your decision without any influence from me. Can we discuss the technicals of a guitar, hells yes, the more the better. How to care for it, how to maintain it, how to address possible and future problems, can we fix it, set it up, repair it, polish it, whatever you need later? I’ll say it again, hell yeah! That’s what an expert is in this business. I tolerate zero pretenders, and they are all pretenders, whether they want to hear it or not. Put them to the test. Get back to me when you hang up the phone in disgust. There, I’m done!
OK, on to business. Guitars keep coming to me. Most I like, some I return. A guitar has to meet my exacting standards or it has to leave. Quite simple.
One of my guys here in the gallery did an analysis of guitar dealers around the world, classical guitar specialists. Our closest competitor of fine classical guitars has 70 Concert level instruments available! Very nice guitars indeed, if not a bit over-priced and quite frankly, not up to par, from bad setups, to dead notes, to a plain ole and simple, “Really”, for that kind of money? The reality is that I have sold many guitars over the summer going into the Winter of 2022. Our numbers are down, in terms of available guitars, but I am fixing that in short order. As of right now, July 1, 2023, we have 125 Concert Guitars available here for your inspection. I also created a Conservatory and Teaching Room with guitars under $2500, numbering 50+ guitars! I’m not carrying anything under $2000 at this stage of our business as this is simply not where I wish to be in terms of price points. Better guitars, top of their class, in every category!
All the guitars listed here, live here in my gallery, all filtered by me personally, with more on the way! Yes, we are, without any doubt, “the” gallery catering to a discerning clientele on both sides of the guitar, luthier and player. Actually, I’m sort of running out of room (OK, I’m really running out of room, starting to look for another place). Goes to show, taking care of people, I mean, really taking care of them, pays beautiful dividends. Here’s the scary part…I’ve turned away many guitars in the past few months. We could easily eclipse 250-300 instruments if I allow it. It was on my mind, I had to say it out loud. Thank you to everyone who trusts us with their beautiful guitars.
We have also provided for client financing through PayPal Credit. In essence, they are offering you a 6 month loan Interest Free if paid within that time period. Loan terms seem favorable as well, for those needing longer than 6 months to pay down the financing. It’s a great option, one that might open the door to a special instrument you might have your eyes on.
I have also developed a line of basic but high quality strings under our label. Savage Classical Guitar Strings – Affordable, straightforward and accurate nylon strings that anyone can use. Total pound pressure of 80lbs (Flamenco – Low Tension) – 85lbs (Normal Tension) – 90lbs (High Tension).
Nicolo Alessi has sent a complete re-supply of tuning machines to the gallery.
Gotoh machines are fully stocked as well. 35G510 Series in all but the P Model are available in MOP and Black MOP.
PegHed Machines have also been re-stocked – prices went up significantly (again). Sorry.
New issues with International Shipping. Very Important for International Clients, including Canada…Please note that we will NOT accept PayPal or any International Credit Card as payment. All transactions must be finalized with Bank Wire Transfers for any amount over $1000 USD. Please see our discussion found here and scroll down to Customs – Duty and International Shipping . Thank you!
As always, our selection of quality classical guitars is unprecedented. Really really. See list below. Yikes!! I personally approve every guitar that comes across my threshold. If a guitar is not up to standard, it is sent back. I’m also the dealer luthier, able to assess, fix, repair, polish and setup a guitar so that it presents its best self to you.
I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy a visit to my shop, appreciating the wide selection, where I trust and hope that you will find your perfect guitar. Enjoy.
- I updated the Classical Guitar Care page to reflect some further thoughts, as I’m getting some feedback about neck shrinkage, causing those sticky frets at the end. Yikes. Humidity is important. The guitar (your guitars) need to be at and around 50% RH …. all…the….time! One bad day makes a difference. I work hard to keep the gallery at 50% RH. The latest is the Vornado EVap 4 gallon version. What a good machine (so far). Good enough, I ordered another machine, with a year supply of wicks for it. Great machine.
- Please NOTE that USPS Shipping costs for Express Shipping have gone up significantly. We are setting up to change our shipping arrangements but we are adjusting to use of FedEx Ground/Home and or USPS Priority Mail, except for our most expensive offerings. Our apologies, but the cost has gone up by almost 100%. I will update accordingly and let you all know what is happening.
- A number of beautiful guitars have crossed my threshold. Yes, I said “my threshold”. I do not and will not distance myself (as per many recommendations in the last few years) from my business and my website. It’s all me with the assistance of a few select people, most importantly, Ryan O’Rourke of Table Talk and his current band, Inner Love – I take full responsibility for all things that may go wrong here, which rarely happens, but hey, I’m human too.
- 03-04-2022 – So here I am, on the precipice of a huge move, then whammo, not moving. My daughters really got to me, where they didn’t want to be selfish, focused on my needs, not wanting to tell me that they were unhappy with me moving 1100 miles away. They are amazing young ladies. So, no changes, I am staying put. Now, I would like the support of the Long Island community, including professors in the various schools, teachers, etc. We are here, we are quite good at what we do, from sales to repairs and setups. Time to take advantage of the ridiculous resource at your disposal. LOL Rich
- 08-01-2022 – We are continually blessed with extraordinary guitars crossing our threshold. I am always grateful to be able to offer you the best of the best.
- 09-06-2022 – A great weekend off (4 day), practicing and playing, hanging out with the pooch, but also suffered the loss of my great cat, Gandalf, a gorgeous, loving, gentle Norwegian Forest Cat. He was mauled on my old property, without protection from me (he lived with my ex-wife), left to the uncaring and thoughtlessness of leaving a defenseless animal outside, where he is primarily an indoor cat. I am sick over it. No complaining, only solutions. I am most definitely on it.
- 10-05-2022 – That Hurricane Ian had a tremendous effect on Southwestern Florida through the Orlando area, is well documented. My heart goes out to the people adversely affected. I have no words. The hurricane has had a lesser effect on us, causing cold weather, rain and so on. Depressing weather, where I took a few days to myself, not feeling well. Back in the gallery, photos and measurements are up to date, recording some today to catch up on 4 or 5 guitars left on the block. Looking forward to my recording sessions. I’m gratified that so many people appreciate my approach to the recordings, talking and such, giving them a “real” feel for the guitar and the recording process.
- 11-07-2022 – I have been present but not fully, here in the gallery. So many issues outside of work have taken my time and attention, but I am prepared to get back to it in full force. Enough external nonsense. People take no responsibility. That is not me. I own it, overcome and push forward. I’m here if you wish to speak with me. Ryan is on tour until the middle of the month, but he will be back on the 14th of November. A 2022 Paul Weaver Cedar EIRW is on the way, should be here tomorrow.
- 11-16-2022 – Ryan is back and so am I. It has been a rough go of it, and well, things still crop up, attempting to take me off track. LOL Paul Weaver’s guitar arrived, photographed. I will record it this weekend. Jean Rompre is sending us #172 Cedar/Madagascar. A few other guitars are en route, but I will speak of them at the appropriate time.
- 11-30-2022 – A special arrival – 2009 Michael Gee #561 30th Anniversary Spruce CSA
- 12-27-2022 – Exciting that Thomas Friedrich of Germany has contacted me, where negotiations have begun to bring his instruments to the gallery! Yes sir! Look to be spectacular traditional guitars.
- 01-03-2023 – So a recording session last night with the 2022 Kenny Hill Signature #4356 Cedar DT EIRW 640mm turned into a bit of a comedy with my new cat, Musawi Floofer Kangaroofer Cat, creating a distraction. I left the recording up because it was a real moment, making me laugh.
- The 1954 Robert Bouchet #26 Spruce Brazilian RW has entered the gallery. Updates are as complete as I can manage it so far.
- 01-25-2023 – I am expecting a unique 1978 Manuel Velazquez, which is French Polished by Manuel 1976 Manuel Velazquez Spruce Jacaranda Ramirez versus his normal varnishing process and built in the style of the old Ramirez guitars of historic nature. It should be here next week.
- 02-07-2023 – Frederich Holtier was kind enough to send us a beautiful guitar 2022 Frederich Holtier Cedar DT Madagascar RW, as well as Wilson Burnham sending us a Redwood/Myrtle 2022 Wilson Burnham Lola Redwood Oregon Myrtle, which is drop dead gorgeous and a monster guitar.
- 02-22-2023 – Wilson Burnham guitar arrived 2022 Wilson Burnham Catalina Spruce DT Maple – gorgeous and awesome!
- 2022 Frederich Holtier OM Acoustic Spruce Madagascar also arrived, both are photographed. Ringing monster of a guitar. A lovely OM bodied steel string that I am excited about.
- 02-28-2023 – Recordings for the last few guitars are in process, including 2013 John Ray #167 Cedar Brazilian RW and 1976 Manuel Velazquez Spruce Jacaranda Ramirez. I will also be re-recording the 2019 Edwin Aponte Spruce EIRW & 2019 Edwin Aponte Cedar EIRW guitars, after doing an extensive setup on them both to compensate for the NorthEast weather.
- 03-02-2023 – An Angel Benito Aguado 2009 Cedar CSA has arrived in the gallery. A strong bold sounding Spanish Cedar with Brazilian Rosewood
- 03-09-2023 – Working on cleaning up the gallery, while recording, playing, measuring, organizing. There is so much to do. I worked until 2AM last night, where I didn’t feel that I made a dent in the entirety of what needs to be done? Ugh, but we’re happy. It’s good to be busy. On a personal note, I adopted 2 Maine Coon puss cats, RumRum and TumTum, or Romeo RumRum Swiffer Cat and Thumper TumTum Thumbs Cat. They have become fast friends with Musawi Floofer Kangaroofer Cat. Adorable, where Rum is deaf, but a lover boy and TumTum is half blind with extra paws on her front legs, but a fighter and a mush cat. These are my babies, my companions, where I could not be happier, loving and caring for these incredible creatures.
- 03-20-2023 – a New 2023 Kevin Aram Torres Marlene Spruce EIRW 650mm has arrived in the gallery. Another superb classical guitar!
- 03-28-2023 – Silvia Zanchi will be sending her guitars on April 10, 2023 – 2023 Silvia Zanchi Italian Spruce Pau Ferro Ltd Edition and her 2023 Silvia Zanchi Italian Spruce Blackwood Ltd Edition – these are her finest work, made for the Roma Expo, which she attended, but did not bring these guitars for fear of them being damaged during the show. In the meantime, Lorenzo Lippi the master’s master builder from Italy is sending his concert guitar to the gallery. It is already on the way – 2023 Lorenzo Lippi #DN46802 Spanish Cedar Rio Rosewood – always a superb concert instrument by a man that I deeply respect as a person and a luthier. The CITES paperwork will accompany this guitar, allowing you to register the guitar and woods with the USDA for International travel.
- 03-30-2023 – Esteve Model 11 in Cedar EIRW have arrived, along with 2 Hauser models…site updated to reflect the new inventory. 2023 Manuel Adalid Hauser #268 Spruce EIRW and 2023 Manuel Adalid Hauser #262 Spruce EIRW are listed and photographed.
- 04-09-2023 – The Michael O’Leary has arrived. 2019 Michael O’Leary #236 Cedar Cocobolo Exclusive
- 04-11-2023 – A number of days have passed, working like a dog, on various projects, business and such. Updates have been few, apologies for that, but things are moving in the background. Lorenzo Lippi’s incredible concert guitar arrived. Silvia Zanchi’s 2 wondrous guitars arrived. Updates and photography for these and many others are in progress
- 04-12-2023 – Adalid and Esteve guitars have arrived, a Hauser and a number of Model 11’s – Steve Porter has sent #52 a Spruce/EIRW with elevated FB – photography, listings, recordings are all in process. Yikes!
- 2019 Kenny Hill Signature #4173 Cedar EIRW Equal Tempered has arrived. Tempered Fretboard, elevated FB, Cedar Double Top, ported, in excellent condition. Photography on Monday. 04-14-2023 – A gorgeous
- 04-25-2023 – Vicente Carrillo guitars have arrived. A Herencia Cedar Madagascar 640mm arrived, as well as 1 Lefty Estudio 640mm Cedar is included and a Gabriela II DT Cedar 640mm Lefty! Nice!! Links below under New Guitars.
- 04-26-2023 – An interesting but quite nice guitar arrived, a 2018 Wolfgang Jellinghaus Signature #1803 Cedar DT Granadillos 640mm – small scale double top with an explosive sound.
- 05-10-2023 – A 2023 Steve Porter #52 Spruce EIRW 640mm has arrived.
- 05-14-2026 – 2018 Wolfgang Jellinghaus Signature #1803 Cedar DT Granadillos 640mm has arrived.
- 05-22-2023 – The new iteration of the Savage Classical Guitar Model 10 Cedar EIRW in 650mm and 640mm are on their way from Spain. Beautiful Madrid style guitars that are wonderful and accessible price-wise.
- 05-23-2023 – Lorenzo Frignani has a Cedar East Indian Rosewood Concert guitar is ready for the gallery. En route, should be here within 7 days or so.
- 05-26-2023 – A special guitar has arrived, a 1996 Robert & Orville Milburn Hauser Spruce CSA which is in really nice condition. Lot of voice with excellent power.
- 05-29-2023 – Happy Memorial Day! Enjoy the food, sunshine and your families! I’m a little jealous, so I’ll just go play golf! Yes sir!! LOL Hopefully, my personal models will be here soon. A 2014 James Frieson Redwood Madagascar RW 650mm has arrived. Another guitar with an excellent voice and surprising power! A pleasant surprise.
- 06-01-2023 – Happiness as Lorenzo Frignani’s guitar arrived quickly and safely. 2023 Lorenzo Frignani #256 Cedar EIRW is already photographed. She is a sweet bellowing monster of a musical guitar. So beautiful.
- Another guitar arrived, photographed already, by Rafal Turowiak. A FingerStyle Florentine Cutaway that is a bit of monster herself. 2022 Rafal Turkowiak #497 Queen Cedar DT Walnut Cutaway – this has to be one of the most comfortable, easiest playing guitars I have ever played. The armrest is a simple and elegant comfort, with a lot of power coming out of a guitar you don’t expect it from.
- 06-04-2023 – I just recorded Silvia Zanchi’s Pau Ferro classical guitar and wow, what an experience! Such a responsive, gentle beast of a musical instrument. This guitar sums up the Italian school and my feelings about them as a whole. 2023 Silvia Zanchi Italian Spruce Pau Ferro Ltd Edition
- 06-06-2023 – I just discovered that my recordings for Silvia’s guitar and the Robert Ruck I just did this morning were electronically compromised during the recording process. My apologies. 2 hours of work lost is not the greatest scenario. Ugh. I’m back on it. Great guitars, btw. Rich
- 06-07-2023 – All measurements for every guitar is complete! Yes!! Recordings are back on the menu, as Silvia’s Pau Ferro and the 1999 Robert Ruck were re-recorded. Hoping to finish the rest by Saturday. Lorenzo Lippi guitar was recorded as well. More tomorrow!
- 06-08-2023 – A possibility of another early years Bouchet with minimal bracing showing up, along with a Weissenrieder copy of a Bouchet and a few others arriving sometime in July. I’m taking a week off in Orlando to work and analyze my game. I’ll be back in the gallery on Monday the 19th, but phone, text and email will be operational in the mornings and evenings.
- 06-12-2023 – My Savage Classical Guitar Model 10’s Cedar EIRW in 650mm and 640mm are on the way! Excited to see them, built in Spain for me by Manuel Adalid and his group of talented luthiers. Savage Classical Guitar Model 10 Cedar EIRW & Savage Classical Guitar Model 10 640 Cedar EIRW
- 06-14-2023 – I’m in Orlando, working on my swing and overall game. Wow, was I broken, in the worst way? Weird. No more. My buddy helped me, starting to fire away. Nice!! LOL I’ll be back on the 19th. Enjoy the summer!!! Rich
- 06-20-2023 – I am back from Orlando as of last night. Great trip, learned quite a bit. GFA visit on Thursday, I’ll be there around 11AM, staying until 2PM, as there are issues that need attending.
- 06-21-2023 – A superb guitar from Juan Hernandez of Valencia is here on Thursday. Photos and updates won’t happen until Tuesday of this coming week. Man, what a great guitar! Another older Italian guitar is coming as well, this made by Ottavio Caiazzo back in 1995. 1995 Ottavio Caiazzo #80 Spruce EIRW – There is a sad story that accompanies the guitar, as it his last one before he disappeared from sight. Apparently he is presumed dead at the young age of 31? His guitars were played by numerous Italian stars, including Aniello Desiderio, a monster player. This guitar was finished by Alessandro Marseglia, a master himself, and a fan of Ottavio’s, long admiring his work. The guitar is an absolute delight, refined in the Italian school of lutherie, evidencing a bit of honest play wear, but this guitar has traveled the world, by a great and well known Italian player. It is the last guitar the great luthier ever built.
- 06-22-2023 – Stayed way longer at the GFA today, more than I could afford, but totally worth it. Met so many great people, some I have not met before. Spent time with the great Kenny Hill, Carole Boutry of BAM Cases, Lucio Carbone of Italy, Mark Usherovich and his lovely wife, Zebulon Turrentine, Toby Rzepka, Thomas Baldwin, Joshia DeJonge, Greg Maloney of Gifted Guitar, Juan Hernandez (his son, Alberto), Manuel Adalid of Adalid Guitars/Esteve Guitarras along with Sergio Camargo, Aaron Ringo of Wood Ring Guitars, J.A. Williams (who builds an incredibly interesting and wonderful sounding guitar), Garrett Lee, Christophe Ravie and Valeria Torresgrossa of Alhambra Guitarras, and of course, the great Matt Rubendall from my hometown of Brooklyn. These are all incredibly talented luthiers and well, just really nice people. I am blessed to know them, and to do business with most of them. I brought a few guitars back with me (I drove there), and have a few more scheduled as a result of the trip. I’ll update as I confirm everything for all of you. The guitars I mention above for the June 21, 2023 post are here in the gallery. Best, Rich 2023 Juan Hernandez SM Cedar DT Cocobolo came back with me! LOL Awesome!
- 06-23-2023 – Christophe Ravie of Alhambra Guitarras came to visit me, while attending the GFA Convention. He brought me a Concert Model Jose Maria Vilaplana built by their master luthier Javier Mengual – 2023 Alhambra Jose Maria Vilaplana NT Cedar EIRW – a superb traditionally built classical guitar that I found endearing, where as I played it, pushed it, got her to open up, well, yes sir, she started singing. Listing of all guitars will be completed by this coming Wednesday, as I am waiting for Ryan to return from a 9 day music tour with his band, Inner Love
- 06-24-2023 – Johannes T´Kindt of Granada Spain is sending us a new beauty classical guitar – 2023 Johannes T’Kindt CL36 Spruce EIRW
- 06-28-2023 – 2 new guitars from the awesome Matt Rubendall of Brooklyn! A 2023 Matt Rubendall German Spruce Malaysian Blackwood 650mm and a 2023 Matt Rubendall German Spruce Ziricote 640mm have arrived after a kind visit from Matt this morning. He is an incredible builder, craftsman, setup and repair man, who also builds and crafts gorgeous knives that are magnificent! I own a wonderful chef’s knife of his that is a dream to work with in the kitchen! What a great and humble man who builds some of the finest guitars in the world! Right here in NY? Yes sir!!!
- 07-03-2023 – Photos are all updated. Guitars are to be measured and recorded through July 5, 2023. Happy 4th! Be safe, be well, enjoy your time off! Rich
- 07-04-2023 – Happy 4th!
- 07-05-2023 – 4th was crazy! What a fireworks show at our friend’s house, Duke is the man! Johannes sent us his latest creation, a beautiful 2023 Johannes T’Kindt CL36 Spruce EIRW that is such an incredible guitar!
- 07-10-2023 – Manuel Adalid is sending us a dozen Model 12 Cedar Granadillos Classical Guitars, 6 of them in 650mm scale and another 6 in a 640mm scale length. Also, a pair of his Torres Spruce EIRW in a 640mm scale are coming with them. Awesome!
- 07-11-2023 – A special suprise as a 2007 Daryl Perry 1929 Simplicio Spruce Satinwood in Very Good Condition has entered the gallery! More Awesomeness! LOL
- 07-19-2023 – All measurements are up to date. Working on completing recordings for about 8 guitars, revisiting another 3 or 4. Updates to follow.
- 07-20-2023 – Another Robert Milburn Classical Guitar is expected as well as a 2019 Michael Thames LaLeona Spruce African Blackwood. The Adalid Model 12 Guitars are en route from Spain!
- 07-24-2023 – We’ve been having fun in the gallery, measuring, recording, cleaning up, etc. The cats are hysterical, so much laughter and over the top cuteness. A great summer so far. Hope yours is great as well!
- 07-28-2023 – The 1990 Masura Kohno Special Spruce Brazilian RW 650mm has arrived as well as the Manuel Adalid Model 12’s in 650mm and 640mm
- 07-31-2023 – I had a weird situation with an International Delivery, a tuning machine order, that went kind of bad, but turned out OK in the end. Sent on June 20, 2023, it finally arrived yesterday to Italy. USPS International. Ugh. OK, so the client thought the original was lost. No worries, probably correct given so much time, I took it upon myself to send the order again on July 21, 2023, directly through USPS instead of PayPal’s Global Post, which ends up using the same service. Well, wouldn’t you know it, both orders arrived together. The client held me responsible for the shipping? No argument, though there is a ton of argument, I let it go. I just find it curious that anyone out there believes I have any control over any shipping company? To be clear, I do not! It’s just weird…LOL
- 08-01-2023 – We have photographed the Adalid Model 12 640mm guitar – The 1990 Masura Kohno Special Spruce Brazilian RW 650mm – The 2023 Manuel Adalid Torres #290 Spruce EIRW 640mm – Measurements and recordings on Monday!
- 08-06-2023 – High End CrossRock Cases 6000 – 5000 – 4000 Series and their 620 HSC are ordered and on the way. All Black for most of the cases. Maybe 1 Red 6000
- 08-07-2023 – BAM XL2000 Cases of Various Colors are on order, finally! It’s been a while.
- 08-08-2023 – Kim Lissarrague of Australia has a 2023 Kim Lissarrague #398 Cedar Ziricote 650mm on the way, should be here by Friday.
- 08-13-2023 – Great weekend, played golf, working through injuries, ugh. Still, had a blast. Back to work. Fulfulling orders, measurements, recordings, photography. The new Lissarrague Australian Lattice and a new Ken Whisler 2023 Ken Whisler #48 Cedar EIRW 650mm are on the docket! Nice!!
- 08-21-2023 – Cases from CrossRock are en route – 4000 – 5000 – 6000 Series
- 08-23-2023- Cases from BAM are en route
- 08-25-2023 – A few great guitars are here – 1999 Paul McGill Cedar CSA 650mm and a 2022 Rafal Turkowiak #466 OM Acoustic Spruce Ziricote Pickup
- 09-10-2023 – Cleaning up the gallery, guitars measured, photos, etc. Recording has been an issue as I have not really been feeling well of late. Time to get back on that horse. I’ll get it done.
- 09-14-2023 – Kevin Aram is sending us his “Della” – a 2023 Kevin Aram “Della” Spruce Bog Oak 640mm Torres model from the English Master Luthier.
- 09-17-2023 – BAM Cases are back in stock after a trip to NJ today. All available colors, plus a Panther BAM in Silver. The 1954 Robert Bouchet guitar is ready to go, playing beautifully, setup and everything is wonderfully stable. Beautiful!
- 09-21-2023 – I’m down in Orlando, chilling out and playing to end the summer time, which I enjoyed this year. I’ll be back in the gallery on October 2, 2023
- 09-26-2023 – Keviu Aram’s Della Spruce Bog Oak has arrived. Gorgeous guitar.
New or Expected Guitars
- 2019 Vicente Carrillo Gabriela I Spruce Madagascar RW
- 2019 Frederich Holtier #140 Spruce Maple
- 2019 Eugenio Ligato “Ganymede” Spruce Limba
- 2018 Ron Hachez Spruce EIRW
- 2011 Thomas Malapanis #51 Cedar Cocobolo
- 2019 Luciano Maggi Cedar Malaysian BW
- 2019 Ken Whisler #39 Cedar Cocobolo
- 2019 Giacomo Guadagna Cedar Sapele
- 1975 Hermann Hauser II #988 Spruce CSA
- 2020 Mark Usherovich Signature Cedar CSA
- 2020 Mark Usherovich Soprano Ukelele Koa
- 1967 Marcelino Lopez #497 Cedar CSA – a huge guitar, see the specs!
- 2003 Marcelino Lopez #926 Spruce CSA
- 2020 Fabio Zontini Hauser Spruce Pau Ferro – with Red Metro 2 Humicase
- 2016 Rafael Fuentes Modelo Siglo XXI Spruce Pau Ferro
- 2014 Tim McCoy #57 Cedar EIRW
- 2015 Frederich Holtier #128 Cedar EIRW DT
- 2013 Juan Miguel Gonzalez Spruce CSA
- 2020 Larry Breslin DT Redwood CSA
- 2016 Tom Blackshear #326 Reyes Cedar EIRW
- 2011 Ashley Sanders Spruce CSA
- 2020 Andrea Marcellan Limited Edition Spruce Madagascar RW
- Cary Pedicini 2017-8 Spruce Australian Blackwood
- 1994 G&P Judd #30022 Spruce Cocobolo
- 2017 Bob Desmond Spruce CSA
- Olav Loef Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar #03111028 Spruce EIRW
- 2006 Marshall Bruné Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Spruce EIRW
- 2012 Karolos Tsakirian Concert Spruce EIRW
- 2012 Dieter Hopf Gran Concierto Spruce Amazonian RW
- 2011 Thomas Malapanis #51 Cedar Cocobolo
- 2019 Jake Fuller #107 Spruce Cherrywood – superior English build
- Abe Wechter 2001 Pathmaker Cedar RW 1021
- 2020 Manuel Adalid Hauser #123 Spruce EIRW
- 2008 Oscar Trezzini #214 Spruce CSA
- 2020 Michele della Giustina #401 Spruce Ziricote
- 2010 Fritz Mueller #264 Cedar Cocobolo DT – pre-owned
2021 Kevin Aram “Nancy” Torres Spruce Satinwood
- 1998 Froggy Bottom H-12 #H431 Spruce Koa
- 2020 Enzo Guido “Aimee” Spruce Ziricote
- 2013 Paulino Bernabe Especial Spruce CSA
- 2019 Aldo Illotta Spruce EIRW – 650mm with Alessi Machines Silver with black MOP
- 1972 Manuel Contreras Cedar CSA
- 2018 Randy Reynolds #GL-301 Spruce DT Brazilian
- 2012 Manuel Contreras 10th Anniversary #4 Spruce Madagascar
- 2009 Daniele Chiesa Spruce Ziricote
- 1985 Paul Fischer #592 Panormo Spruce Maple 7 String
- 2012 John Price #322 Spruce EIRW
- 1998 Kevin Aram Torres Reba Spruce Maple – another sweetheart
- 2002 Simon Ambridge #132 Spruce CSA – a superb guitar
- 2021 Andrea Marcellan Roma Expo Edition Spruce Ebony
- 2020 Ashley Sanders #67 Cedar EIRW (Lattice)
- 2021 Ashley Sanders #69 Cedar Pomelle Sapele (Traditional)
- 2007 Eric Monrad Concert Spruce EIRW
- 2019 Matteo Vaghi Spruce Ziricote
- 2000 Hermann Hauser III #477 Spruce EIRW
- 2021 Lucio Carbone Hauser Spruce EIRW – homage to Julian Bream
- 2021 Pierre Alexandre Bellest #71 Spruce EIRW
- 2019 Robert Vincent #183-RX Spruce EIRW
- 2018 Juan Miguel Gonzalez #289 Cedar EIRW
- 1997 John Price #497 Cedar Tasmanian Blackwood
- 2021 Luigi Bubba SE Roma Expo Spruce Pau Rojo
- 2019 Matt Rubendall Port Orford Cedar EIRW
- 2013 Peter Oberg #129 Cedar EIRW 640mm
- 1991 Thomas Humphrey Millenium Spruce CSA
- 2019 Andres Navarro #1938 Spruce EIRW
- 2017 John Price #365 Spruce Tasmanian Myrtle
- 2022 Kenny Hill Signature #4326 Cedar DT EIRW 640mm
- 2022 Zebulon Turrentine #76 Elegy Cedar Wenge 640
- 2019 Edwin Aponte Spruce EIRW
- 2019 Edwin Aponte Cedar EIRW
- 2013 Paolo Coriani #193 Spruce Brazilian RW
- 2016 Robert Vincent #172 Cedar Ebony
- 2017 Robert Vincent #176 Cedar Brazilian RW
- 2022 Giacomo Guadagna Anniversary SE Spruce Maple
- 2018 Yuolong Guo #154 Echoes Cedar Ziricote
- 2022 Paul Weaver 1943 Hauser Spruce EIRW
- 2019 John Ray #226 Cedar Brazilian RW 640mm
- 2014 Kim Lissarrague #206 Cedar Imbuya Lattice
- 2019 Kevin Aram Marianela Spruce EIRW 640mm
- 2022 Paul Weaver 1943 Hauser Cedar EIRW
- 2009 Michael Gee #561 30th Anniversary Spruce CSA
- 2018 Yuolong Guo #79 Chamber Concert DT Cedar EIRW
- 2013 Alan Chapman #VH1 Cedar Madagascar Smallman
- 2019 Dominic Wurth Cedar EIRW
- 2022 Kenny Hill Signature #4356 Cedar DT EIRW 640mm
- 1954 Robert Bouchet #26 Spruce Brazilian RW – a rare instrument, all original – repairs are being addressed as of 07-01-2023
- 1976 Manuel Velazquez Spruce Jacaranda Ramirez
- 2021 Amalio Burguet Artesano Especial Spruce Madagascar
- 2013 John Ray #167 Spruce Brazilian RW
- 2022 Frederich Holtier Cedar DT Madagascar RW
- 2022 Wilson Burnham Lola Redwood Oregon Myrtle
- 2022 Frederich Holtier OM Acoustic Spruce Madagascar
- 2022 Wilson Burnham Catalina Spruce DT Maple
- 2009 Angel Benito Aguado 2009 Cedar CSA
- 2023 Kevin Aram Torres Marlene Spruce EIRW 650mm
- 2023 Lorenzo Lippi #DN46802 Spanish Cedar Rio Rosewood
- 2023 Silvia Zanchi Italian Spruce Pau Ferro Ltd Edition
- 2023 Silvia Zanchi Italian Spruce Blackwood Ltd Edition
- 2023 Manuel Adalid Hauser #262 Spruce EIRW
- 2023 Manuel Adalid Hauser #268 Spruce EIRW
- 2023 Steve Porter #52 Spruce EIRW 640mm
- 2019 Kenny Hill Signature #4173 Cedar EIRW Equal Tempered
- 2023 Vicente Carrillo Herencia Cedar Madagascar 640mm
- 2023 Vicente Carrillo Gabriela II Cedar DT Madagascar RW 640mm Left Handed
- Vicente Carrillo India Estudio Cedar EIRW 640mm
- Vicente Carrillo India Estudio Cedar EIRW 640mm Lefty
- Vicente Carrillo India 1A Primera Cedar EIRW 640mm
- 2018 Wolfgang Jellinghaus Signature #1803 Cedar DT Granadillos 640mm
- 1999 Robert Ruck #697 Cedar EIRW – Sold!
- 2014 James Frieson Redwood Madagascar RW 650– Sold!
- 1996 Robert & Orville Milburn Hauser Spruce CSA
- 2023 Lorenzo Frignani #256 Cedar EIRW
- 2022 Matt Rubendall Spruce Ziricote 640mm
- 2022 Rafal Turkowiak #497 Queen Cedar DT Walnut Cutaway
- 1995 Ottavio Caiazzo #80 Spruce EIRW
- 2023 Juan Hernandez SM Cedar DT Cocobolo
- 2023 Alhambra Jose Maria Vilaplana NT Cedar EIRW
- 2023 Matt Rubendall German Spruce Ziricote 640mm
- 2023 Matt Rubendall German Spruce Malaysian Blackwood 650mm
- 2023 Johannes T’Kindt CL36 Spruce EIRW
- 2007 Daryl Perry 1929 Simplicio Spruce Satinwood
- 2019 Michael Thames LaLeona Spruce African Blackwood
- Manuel Adalid Model 12 Cedar Granadillos 640mm
- Manuel Adalid Model 12 Cedar Granadillos 650mm
- 2023 Manuel Adalid Torres #290 Spruce EIRW 640mm
- 1990 Masura Kohno Special Spruce Brazilian RW 650mm
- 2023 Kim Lissarrague #398 Cedar Ziricote 650mm
- 2023 Ken Whisler #48 Cedar EIRW 650mm
- 2022 Rafal Turkowiak #466 OM Acoustic Spruce Ziricote Pickup
- 1999 Paul McGill Cedar CSA 650mm
- 2023 Kevin Aram Della Spruce Bog Oak 640mm Torres
These lists of photography and other media will continually be added to, for the purpose of archives and easy search. Additions will be at the bottom of each list. Thanks, Rich
- 2017 Bob Desmond Spruce CSA
- 2019 Bob Desmond Cedar DT CSA – updated
- 2019 Fabio Zontini ’37 Hauser Spruce Maple – Nick Cutroneo performing Andrew York “Waiting for Dawn” – he also plays on the 2 guitars below
- 2018 Camillo Perrella Spruce Ziricote – Joaqim Rodrigo-Sonata Giocosa-Andante Moderato
- 2019 Kim Lissarrague #327 Cedar Ziricote Lattice – James Erickson
- 2018 Ron Hachez Spruce EIRW– James Erickson
- Ashley Sanders #60 Spruce Australian Blackwood– James Erickson
- 1971 Hermann Hauser II #910 Spruce CSA Llobet – Colin Fullerton
- 2019 Luciano Maggi Spruce Pau Rojo – Colin Fullerton
- 2019 Lorenzo Lippi #HN38336 Spruce EIRW – Colin Fullerton
- 2019 Lorenzo Frignani #231 Spruce EIRW – Colin Fullerton
- 1978 Daniel Friederich #476 Cedar EIRW – Colin Fullerton
- Matthew Rubendall – Brooklyn, NY
- Felipe Conde Hijo (Jr.) – Madrid, Spain
- Max Cuker – Vilnius, Lithuania
- Kim Lissarrague – Wentworth Falls, Australia
- Giannis Paleodimopolous – Greece
- Enrico Bottelli – Italy
- Peter Oberg – San Diego, CA
- Alejandro Cervantes – California, USA
- Rafael Fuentes – Spain
- Seth Miller – South Dakota, USA
- Cary Pedicini – Australia – a protege of Richard Howell
- James Lister – UK
- Eduardo Bossa – Columbia
- Lorenzo Lippi – Italy
- Eugenio Ligato – Italy
- Toni De Stefano – Italy
- Lucio Antonio Carbone – Milan, Italy
- Samo Sali – Slovenia
- Olivier Fanton d’Andon – Chateus Dun, France
- Fabio Zontini – Italy
- Camillo Perrella – Italy
- Michele Della Giustina – Italy
- Lorenzo Frignani – Italy
- Len Laviolette – California
- Giacomo Guadagna – Italy
- Zebulon Turrentine – Tennessee, USA
- Pierre-Alexandre Bellest – France
- Silvia Zanchi – Bergamo, Italy
- Claudia Francesca D’Ammassa – Rome, Italy
- Aldo Illotta – Borgosesia, Italy
- Mario Grimaldi – Montaldo Bormida, Italy
- Luigi Bubba – Bolzano, Italy
- Andres Navarro – Florida, USA
- Rafal Turkowiak – Poland
My best, always! Rich – call me at 631-335-5447 – my personal email is here